I have a passion for baking.I always search for eggless baking recipes.This eggless orange cake recipe was posted in a jewish food website.I wanted to try immediately because i had all the ingredients in my pantry.So I saved an errand to the store.Not to metion about the texture.It was soft and light and it tasted good.
This was my entry to Mythreyee's Paajaka's Baked sweets event.
Here is the recipe.
1 1/2 cups - all-purpose flour
3/4 cup - granulated sugar
1 tsp - baking soda
1/2 tsp - baking powder
1 cup - orange juice(fresh juice or bottled)i used welch's brand
1/3 cup - vegetable oil(i used mazola corn oil)Any oil can be used.
1 tsp - grated orange zest(i omitted this since i ran out of oranges)
1. Grease an 8" round cake pan. Preheat oven to 350F(180C).
2. In a bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder until well mixed.
3. Add the oil and orange zest.
4. Then pour in the orange juice.
5. Stir just enough to combine the ingredients..No need to beat the mixture..Cuz over-mixing will result in the cake not rising well.
6.Pour into the prepared pan immediately.
7.Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until a tester inserted in to the middle of the cake comes out clean and the cake is slightly golden brown in color on the top.
Powdered sugar can be sifted on the top of the cake when the cake is still warm.I skipped the icing part.
Enjoy with a hot cup of tea or coffee!!