Thursday, February 10, 2011

Penne Aglio, Olio e Peperoncino




Don't get intimidated by the name..It simply translates to pasta with garlic,olive oil and dry red pepper.This is a very simple,quick and inexpensive pasta dish.The original recipe calls for spaghetti.But I substituted Penne You can use your favorite pasta.

Ingredients:

Penne Pasta - 1 lb

Onion - 1 chopped finely(optional)

Dry red pepper flakes - 2tsp(or according to your spice level)

Garlic - 2 cloves 

Olive Oil - 4 tbsp

Fresh parsley - 1 sprig(I substituted coriander leaves because I didn't have parsley)

Capsicum - 1 chopped(optional)

Salt to taste


Method:

Bring a large pot of water to boil.Add the pasta,little bit of oil,salt and cook the pasta aldente.Drain in a colander and keep the pasta ready.

In a pan heat the oil.When hot,add the pepper flakes,garlic.When the garlic turns slightly golden add the onions and cook till translucent.

Then add the capsicum and cook for 2 minutes.

Now add the pasta,salt and toss together.Let it cook for 2 minutes.

Finally add the chopped parsley and garnish with grated cheese if you like.

Serve hot.

21 comments:

Unknown said...

my son's all time favourite.thanks for sharing

Hamaree Rasoi said...

I was surprised to see the heading. Only when I read your first sentence, that I realized that how delicious to look at and how simple to cook it.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

Tahemeem said...

Beautiful pasta... frankly i was scared by the name :) but looks wow... mouthwatering :)

Unknown said...

That is a simply yet most tasteful dish - An ardent garlic fan :) Your dish looks most appetizing

Shama Nagarajan said...

simple and comfort yet tasty

Priya Suresh said...

Simple but yet a delicious pasta..

Rekha shoban said...

kids will surely like it....yummy!

Suja Manoj said...

Tasty and delicious pasta,yummy.

Tina said...

Simply delicious....

Suji said...

A very simple looking pasta dish with all goodness from garlic and pepper flakes..

KrithisKitchen said...

Simple and delicious.. all time comforting food.

aipi said...

Simple n flavorful..lovely pasta dish!

US Masala

Aruna Manikandan said...

pasta looks delicious dear :)

Nithu said...

Simple and nice pasta.

Unknown said...

Thanx Girls!!Good to know that there a lotta pasta lovers like me:)

Panchpakwan said...

Penne pasta looks sooo delicious..

Priya Suresh said...

Ramya, ur q"n regarding flapjacks, u have replace the golden syrup with honey and corn syrup..hope this helps..

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

pasta sounds irresistable n delicious..
Tasty appetite

Suze said...

This is my all time favourite..This time I decided to make it with penne and it turned out great and I thought let me check if there is anyone else who tried aglio olio with penne instead of spaghetti and I hit upon your blog and I was like wow maybe I should just comment..since I ws doing the penne twist I thought I might as well change a few other things so I just added some fresh rosemary oregano and thyme and it tasted wow..though I still love sticking to the original extra virgin olive oil, garlic and peperoncino..no onion no bell pepper just traditional aglio olio with a glass of nice Zinfandel!!
Cheers!!

Unknown said...

Thanx suze!iam glad u tried the penne version adn it turned out great!

Akanksha said...

Hi, let me know if I can publish this recipe in my emagazine DNS, DNS is promoting food bloggers from India by publishing recipes from Indian blogs based on a monthly theme giving full credit to the author/blog.
if you are ok then mail me your short bio and pasta/spaghetti recipe to ver.neha@hotmail.com
Check my website here www.dinenshare.com