Tuesday, February 7, 2012
Carrot and Pineapple Loaf
Recipe source:Adapted from Blissful Baker ,Sugar Duchess originally from the book"The taste of home baking".I tweaked the recipe to make it even more healthier by substituting a part of all purpose flour with wheat flour.
All purpose flour - 3/4 cup
Wheat flour - 3/4 cup
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Freshly ground cinnamon -1/4 tsp(1/2 tsp in the original recipe)
Freshly ground cardamom- 1/2 tsp not in the original recipe
Corn oil or vegetable oil -1/2 cup
Whole Egg - 1
Egg white- 1(i omitted this)
Grated carrot - 2 medium
Crushed pineapple - 3/4 of 8 oz can drained (After tasting a slice I felt that shoud have added the whole can)
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
toasted and chopped pecans - 1/2 cup(I substituted walnuts)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 8×4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper,makes life lot more easier.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, cardamom and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, lightly beat the egg . Add carrots, oil, pineapple, and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until just combined. The batter will be very thick. Fold in walnuts.
5. Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan and bake in preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.Mine took almost 1 hour 10 minutes to bake.
Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack, then remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.